Australian Mathematical Society Web Site - ANZIAM
ANZIAM New Zealand Branch
- Chair: Dr Carlos Laing
- Secretary/Treasurer: Dr Allison Heard
- Dr Boris Baeumer
- Assoc Prof Mark McGuiness
- Dr Aroon Parshotam
- Dr Tanya Soboleva
- Assoc Prof David Wall
New members are welcome. Please contact the Secretary/Treasurer.
The subscription is $0.00 for full-time students in their first
year of membership and half the ordinary members' rate thereafter.
Ordinary members pay NZ$16.00 per annum.
Aims of the New Zealand Branch
To promote Applied and Industrial Mathematics in New Zealand.
ANZIAM 2005 was held in Napier, NZ, from 30 January to 3 February 2005.
ANZIAM 2006 was held in Mansfield, Vic. Australia, from 5-9 February 2006.
Next Branch Meeting
- The 9th Manawatu-Wellington Applied Mathematics Day
This meeting will be held on Thursday 26 October 2006 at Massey University,
Palmerston North. It will be very informal and there are no registration fees.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. This is a great opportunity for
informal networking amongst NZ applied mathematicians.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you will be able to attend. If you like
to present a paper then please send us the title and a brief abstract of your
talk. The length of talks will depend on the number of talks, but will likely be
between 20 and 30 minutes.
(abstracts) Igor Boglaev
(attendance) Marijcke Vlieg
- Annual General Meeting for 2006
- to be held at NZMC2006:
New Zealand Mathematics Colloqium 2006
4-6 December 2006; University of Waikato, Hamilton.
Recent sponsorship by ANZIAM(NZ)
- Mark Meerschaert was the ANZIAM speaker at the New Zealand Mathematics Colloqium
at Massey University, Palmerston North from 5-7 December 2005.
- 8th Wellington-Manawatu Applied Mathematics Day, 1 July 2005, held at IRL in
Lower Hutt. (see above)
- James Sneyd will be the ANZIAM speaker at the New Zealand Mathematics
Colloquium at the University of Otago from 6 - 8 December 2004.
- Wellington-Manawatu Applied Mathematics Day, 20 October 2004, held at Massey
University in Palmerston North
- Inaugural Auckland-Waikato Applied Mathematics Day, 31 October 2003, held at
Massey University, Albany
- Wellington-Manawatu Applied Mathematics Day, 5 September 2003, held at IRL in
- ANZIAM lecturer, Mary Myerscough of Sydney University, at the NZ
Mathematics Colloquium at the University of Auckland in December 2002.
- Manawatu-Wellington Applied Mathematics Day at Massey University in
- The NZ branch also held a very successful meeting with
the NZ Hydrological Society at IRL, Lower Hutt in July 2002.
- ANZIAM speaker at the NZ Mathematics Colloquium, Massey University,
- Dynamical Systems Workshop, 13 July, 2001, held at Auckland University.
- Wellington-Manawatu Applied Mathematics Conference, 12 June, 2001,
held at IRL in the Hutt Valley.
Any suggestions, complaints etc. about this site should be
sent to the editor, email@example.com
Last updated: 07/08/06